Jung Hae In Discusses The Pressure He Felt Playing


During the press conference for the movie that was held on January 9, Jung Hae In was asked about his experience playing the role of Heon Jong, and he said, “Once I actually put on the crown and wore the royal robes, I felt the weight of my responsibility.”

He continued to say, “In the movie, I play a king who is wise but not very good at politics because he became a king at a young age, and he realizes that his people are suffering because of it. My character is swept up by the characters played by the two people sitting on either side of me [Jung Jin Young and Kim Won Hae].”

Jung Hae In said, “While playing the role, my biggest concern was how to portray the inner turmoil and outer weakness of my character.”


“Heungbu” is the story of a genius writer in the Joseon Dynasty who moves the Korean peninsula with a single stroke of a brush. He writes a story called “Heungbu Jeon” using the names of himself and his brother Nolbu to find his brother, as they were separated at a young age.

The film has a star-studded cast that includes Jung Woo, Kim Joo Hyuk, Jung Jin Young, Jung Hae In, Kim Won Hae, Jung Sang Hoon, Chun Woo Hee, and Jin Goo. The film will be released in February and will be dedicated to Kim Joo Hyuk, who passed away from a car accident in 2017.